Saturday, March 30, 2013

Haribo

Next, we move to candy everyone has had, but may not know the company, Haribo. They are based in Germany and are a company that takes its quality seriously, at least, according to their website. According to their website, their candy is made in Turkey. That makes a lot of sense. When I think quality, I think Turkey.
So, while filling out the e-mail form, they asked for my address and it's a mandatory field. This scared me a little, are they going to send some German thugs to my house?
Scary.
Searching their website, I did find out they use beef and pork gelatin and are not kosher. Sadly, however, there was nothing about beaver butt juice.
This is the email I sent them:
"Hello, I was wondering if any of your delicious products uses castoreum as a natural flavor. If I don't receive a response within 30 days, I'll assume the answer is yes. Thank you for your time."
I changed it up a bit to sound nicer.

By the way, here's the most common product of theirs I see:
When I was a kid, I ate these things by the pound. That's why I have diabetes.

No comments:

Post a Comment